Re: Port to x86-64

jtc@redback.com (J.T. Conklin) writes:

> Jiri> My name is Jiri Smid and I work for SuSE CR.
> Jiri> SuSE works on porting Linux to new 64-bit AMD processors.
> Jiri> I will work on port GDB.
>
> Is there anything that you need from us?

I think at this point not really, I'll guess that we'll contact you as
soon as we encounter specific problems.

Btw. We will setup a separate CVS archive and use that for everything
and then merge to the mainline back.  Information about the x86-64
port is available at http://www.x86-64.org.

> It's better to keep the GDB maintainers informed as much as possible
> when it comes to a new port, as it will make integration of the port
> into the master sources considerably easier.  I believe Andrew has a
> short list of requirements a new ports must adhere to before a port
> can be integrated that you might want to familiarize yourself with
> before getting too far along.

If there's such a list, then please point us to it.  If there's any
other guidance you can give Jiri, that's warmly welcome.

Thanks,
Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger