Re: ia64 target?

On Mar 16,  2:32pm, J.T. Conklin wrote:

> Kevin> How about...
> Kevin>
> Kevin>     --target=ia64-unknown-linux
> Kevin>
> Kevin> I've successfully done a configure and make with
> Kevin> --target=ia64-unknown-linux on the following hosts:
> Kevin>
> Kevin>     i386-unknown-freebsd4.2
> Kevin>     i386-unknown-netbsdelf1.5
> Kevin>     i386-pc-solaris2.8
> Kevin>     i686-pc-linux-gnu
> Kevin>     ia64-unknown-linux
>
> Note that all of these hosts use ELF/svr4 shared libraries.  On
> others, it fails to build.  I believe all of the Linux targets suffer
> from this bug.

Are you sure?

I've just checked and solib-svr4.o (and solib-legacy.o) appear in
the TDEPFILES list in each of the linux.mt files.  This means that
shared library support will be compiled in for the target.

The thing that's missing to make this actual usable on IA-64
is the definition of a suitable link_map_offsets fetcher.  But
even without this, I think it should still build.

Which host OS are you trying this with?  (If it's something that runs
on i386, I'd like to fetch a copy and try it out for myself.)

Kevin