This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB internals document contribution (frame chain assembly)
- To: William Cole <wscole at hotmail dot com>
- Subject: Re: GDB internals document contribution (frame chain assembly)
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:09:36 -0800
- CC: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <F60nccYTjr8cU6xfPTe00000f13@hotmail.com>
William Cole wrote:
> > As well as building frame lists and displaying function names, astro-gdb
> >displays values of function arguments and local variables. For each frame,
> >astro-gdb displays the function name and source file location (as described
> >in the previous document).
What is "astro-gdb"??
Also, while overall this is a great thing to add, I would suggest pruning
some details that are better left as comments, such as the struct (which
doesn't reflect the current code anyway?). The internals manual works
best as an overall roadmap and porting guide, describing things that
don't have a single obvious home for source comments.