This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- To: GDB Discussion <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:56:30 -0500
- References: <200102161607.IAA23711@bosch.cygnus.com> <3AA149E4.3B6AAFA8@cygnus.com>
> trunk: gdb-YYYYMMDD (gdb-20010229)
> branch: gdb-B.B.B-YYYYMMDD (gdb-5.0.90-20010229)
It appears that the consensus is with this one. Any further comment?
MichaelC expressed concern over being able to differentiate between a
CVS gdb-20010229 and a snapshot gdb-20010229. Yes, they can differ
That would mean that something like:
GNU gdb 4.17
GNU gdb 20010229 (cvs)
and GNU gdb 5.0.90-20010229 (snap)
or GNU gdb 20010229-cvs
and GNU gdb 5.0.90-20010229
assuming no further comment, I'm going to toss a coin and then choose
the second one :-)