This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Snapshot of 3/6/2001
- To: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Snapshot of 3/6/2001
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 15:30:51 -0800
- CC: Stephen Smith <ischis2 at home dot com>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <3AA7F87C.FD3F90A2@home.com> <1010308213929.ZM1528@ocotillo.lan>
Kevin Buettner wrote:
> On Mar 8, 2:24pm, Stephen Smith wrote:
> > It tool 2.5 hours for insight gdb to configure and compile up to the utils/spu directory. How long should
> > it take for that section to compile - I am up to 1.5 hours.
> That seems excessive. I just tried it on one of my machines and it
> finished in a matter of seconds.
I bet he's doing a "./configure; make" so it's all happening
> The other thing I noticed is that this is not built by default, so
> I'm wondering how you ended up building utils/spu in the first place?
utils/spu is the last directory in the GDB package, so if the machine is
hanging at the end of the configure or doing something silent after
running configure, it will look like it's hanging there.