Re: Snapshot of 3/6/2001

On Mar 8,  2:24pm, Stephen Smith wrote:

> It tool 2.5 hours for insight gdb to configure and compile up to the utils/spu directory.  How long should
> it take for that section to compile - I am up to 1.5 hours.

That seems excessive.  I just tried it on one of my machines and it
finished in a matter of seconds.

One thing I noticed though is that when building spu.c, cc is used
instead of gcc.  If you have a misconfigured cc or are trying to
build some sort of cross, it might not work.  (This is a totally
wild guess.)

The other thing I noticed is that this is not built by default, so
I'm wondering how you ended up building utils/spu in the first place?

Kevin