This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- To: jtc at redback dot com
- Subject: Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 14:18:46 -0500
- Cc: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <chastain at cygnus dot com>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200102161928.LAA00929@bosch.cygnus.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> No, I meant gdb snapshots. I don't know how GDB snapshots are made,
> but my local GDB repository, which was last sync'd with the 20010108
> snapshot has VERSION=20010108 in gdb/Makefile.in.
Just FYI, a magic shell script does roughly the following:
cvs co -D 2001-01-08-gmt gdb
s/VERSION = .*/VERSION = NNNNNN/
It is magic because the master copy sits on my local disk outside of
revision control :-(