./configure - Permission Denied

I am trying to build gdb, and when I type ./configure in the gdb-5.0
directory, it says "Permission Denied."  Is this something I am doing wrong?

Confidential e-mail for addressee only.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and destroy the original communication.
Title: ./configure - Permission Denied