Re: [RFC] Unified watchpoints for x86 platforms

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 10:33:52AM -0500, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>   unsigned int HWBP_GET_STATUS (int pid);
>
>   This macro returns the value of the DR6 debug status register from
>   the inferior.
>
>   In the discussion we had back in September, Mark said that the
>   status register should be per thread.  Does that mean that we need
>   an additional argument (int tid?) to pass to HWBP_GET_STATUS?  If
>   so, how will this argument get into the i386_hwbp_* functions which
>   will call these macros?

What is the difference between pid and tid in this case? Can we derive
tid from pid?

>   Or maybe the target end can figure out the thread id by itself with
>   some TIDGET(pid) magic?
>

> Comments?  Suggestions?  Flames?

I haven't looked at it in detail. I guess Linux can live with the one
everyone agrees up on. If it turns out it is not true, I hope we can
still change it :-(. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to try it
out now. However, I will give it a try when the OS independent part is
checked in and noone is working on Linux.

Thanks.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@valinux.com)