Re: harvard architectures - the d10v

Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:

> FYI,
>
> Per Bothner wrote:
> > The cleanest solution would be to define CORE_ADDR as a struct:
>
> Yes.  People have talked about doing this for longer than I can
> remember.

I certainly did when I was at Cygnus ...

> Problem is, making CORE_ADDR an object is only a tiny part of
> the solution

Well, it seems like a prerequisite:  If you want to deal with multiple
addres-spaces, you have to have some way of representing that.

> As a broad strategy, I'd expect all the prototyping
> to be done using functions that take a CORE_ADDR

We're still talking about the problem of handling more than one
address space, right?  How do you want to represent that during
"prototyping"?  It need not be a struct - in fact the second half of
my message proposed a relatively generic alternative.
--
	--Per Bothner