Unable to step through ARM code using insgiht-5.0

Hello,

I have successfully built insight-5.0 for an ARM target (arm-riscix-coff). My
ARM development board is running version 1.04 of the Angel debugger. Using my
version of insight-5.0, I can successfully connect to my ARM target (ARM
Angel/Serial), load an application (built using gcc for the same target), view
memory locations and registers as well as set my desired break point(s) within
the code.  However, when I attempt to debug the loaded application, insight-5.0
seems to hang. Single stepping the code (although not causing insight-5.0 to
hang) does not seem to have any effect on the loaded application as the program
counter remains unchanged.

Below is my configuration:

Host: Windows NT (i686-pc-cygwin)

GNU tools
	binutils-2.9.1
	gcc-2.95.2
	newlib-1.8.2

I have looked at the communication between the host and the target and there
seems to be some hand shaking going on when the "Step" and "Next" commands are
sent to the target.

I also have an ARM Remote debugger (part of ARM SDT 2.11a) which works fine when
used to build and load the same application that fails with insight-5.0.

I have been through the mailing list to see if there are others who have
experienced similar problems. The closest was msg00157 from Jens-Christian on
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 (Debugging with ANGEL). However, it appears he got a bit
further than I am currently getting and as expected, the fix by Fernando Nasser
did not work for me.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem will be most appreciated.

Thank you
Ahmed A. Agbabiaka

individual to whom it is addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Thyron Limited.
If you are not the intended recipient then please be advised
that you have received this email in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email
is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the
Thyron IT Administrator on +44 (0)1923 236 050 or
send an email to mail-admin@thyron.com.
Thank You