target_resume_hook(), target_wait_loop_hook()

remote.c contains two function pointers target_resume_hook() and
target_wait_loop_hook() which are currently used by the d10v and d30v
targets for some sort of trace buffer support.

Doing this at this location seems clearly wrong to me.  While these
targets may only support remote protocol and simulator back ends at
present, it means that future back ends will have to either add
support for these hooks or the targets will lose the ability to
capture the trace buffer.

I wonder why these hooks weren't installed in the target_resume() and
target_wait() macros?  I can't see anything obvious why this could not
be done.  But please note I'm not familiar with either target.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks