Re: remote protocol extension for memory access width

>> Rather than add new commands, my thought is to add attribute support
>> like:
>> mAA..AA,LLLL[,attr=val[,attr=val[,...]]]
>> MAA..AA,LLLL[,attr=val[,attr=val[,...]]]:DDDD...

Andrew> How do you expect to detect the presence or lack of support
Andrew> for this in a remote target?

You don't.  But if the user doesn't specify an attribute, it won't
be added to the command packages...  Ok, I admit that's not a very
satisfactory answer.

So another set of (this time extensible) commands seem to be needed.
Other than attribute support, what other deficiencies are there in the
memory read/write commands which need to be addressed?  As "everyone"
knows, I'm not a big fan of the so called "binary download" command.
Perhaps we could fix it along the way.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin