This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
I can't stand it any more.
- To: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: I can't stand it any more.
- From: David Dill <dill at theforce dot Stanford dot EDU>
- Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:24:29 -0800
- cc: dill at theforce dot Stanford dot EDU
Hasn't anyone noticed that GDB 5.0 doesn't work worth a damn with g++
in a generic redhat linux development environment?
I filed a bug months ago point out that calling "cout << 1" from gdb
5.0 fails with gcc 2.95.1. That, and the 13 other bugs in the bug
database, are all unassigned.
The current crappy development environment must be very harmful for
the cause of those trying to develop free software for linux. I know
it's holding us back.