This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: changelog rotation...
- To: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: changelog rotation...
- From: jtc at redback dot com (J.T. Conklin)
- Date: 11 Jan 2001 13:31:19 -0800
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <email@example.com> <3A5E23C0.A8DF6E48@redhat.com>
- Reply-To: jtc at redback dot com
>>>>> "Fernando" == Fernando Nasser <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> Now that gcc and binutils have rotated ChangeLogs, should we do the
>> same for gdb? By existing convention, the new ChangeLog file would be
>> Is there any reason not to use it? The only drawback is that a sorted
>> directory listing wouldn't keep the files in numerically correct order.
Fernando> We use 4 digits for gdbtk ChangeLogs. Maybe we should do
Fernando> this for gdb as well.
I see no reason not to. If we did, I'd split ChangeLog-9091 into two
files. There's not much of a reason for it to be one file anyway, if
everything else is split by single years.