Re: memory region documentation

Eli> For gdb.texinfo, it looks like it should be a section in the
Eli> "Examining Data" chapter (node name "Data"), either as a section
Eli> after "Memory", or as a subsection of "Memory".  I'm puzzled why
Eli> did you think it didn't fit into the "Data" chapter.

Thanks.  I've got it in a separate file now, I'll merge it into one of
those places.

The reason I didn't think it fit in the Data chapter was the not yet
implemented breakpoint attribute.  GDB needs to insert breakpoints for
step, next, continue, etc.; but it can't do it if the memory region is
protected (ie, image is running out of ROM, FLASH, etc.).  So there
needs to be a mechanism to tell GDB to use hardware breakpoints for
those internal breakpoints.  This part of the feature isn't really
"data" related.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin