Re: .gdbinit to debug gdb with gdb

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 07:41:36PM +0000, Nicolas.Thery@Symbian.com wrote:
> >Fabrice Gautier <Fabrice_Gautier@sdesigns.com> wrote:
> >>In the "internals" gdb docs it is said that there is a .gdbinit file in
> >>the gdb source tree that should be used to debug gdb with gdb more
> >>easily.
> >>
> >>But i can't find this file.  Does someone know where it is??
> >
> >Try gdbinit.in
>
> This is the input file for .gdbinit.  I don't think that it will be too
> helpful in its raw form.  .gdbinit is created when you configure gdb.

Right, and if you look at your build tree on the gdb directory you will
find it there.

Note that sometime ago the Windows version was called "gdb.ini" instead of
".gdbinit".  We have stopped making this distinction recently (at least under Cygwin).

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com