Re: pathmap or dir command on drugs

Stephane Carrez wrote:

> David Taylor wrote:
> > The other camp is
> >
> >    pathmap add <from-prefix> <to-prefix>
> >    pathmap list <optional-list>
> >    pathmap delete <optional-list>
>
> Looks good,
>
> As for dbx, I suggest to give numbers to each pathmap so that deletion is
> made on the index rather than on some path.

Yes, the idea is that you can have

pathmap delete 3
pathmap delete 4-6
pathmap delete all

Deletions on the path are not very practical.

> I guess we need some optional argument to 'add' to tell the position of
> the new pathmap in the list. After that, the old pathmaps after the new
> one, will have their index incremented. Well, like dbx :-)

I suggest an "insert" subcommand:

It is like add but it lets the user specify after which entry it
should be added.

This way there will be no parsing madness trying to decide if something
is a path or a number.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300