exact meaning of restart

Hi,

Say I have embedded system, it got 'R' request, what it should do ?

I have RTEMS/pc386 bootstrapped by the netboot off the linux box.
Once it get 'R' it will do warm-boot. It seems like it gdb
expects something else:

1. Gdb does not allow enough time to complete reboot.
2. Gdb does not repeat '!' request, so system could
   be rebooted remotely only once.

I am not able to figure out what is required in the case.

My only guess is that extended operations are limited to
gdbserver like environments which allow fast restart and
embedded systems should use target 'remote' and reboot themselves
once 'kill' is received.

Can anybody help ?

Thanks,

Aleksey