Re: remote nits

>>>>> "Quality" == Quality Quorum <qqi@world.std.com> writes:
Quality> It seems to me that only one way should survive and others
Quality> should die. My list of preferences is (1) 32-bit integer,
Quality> (2) 8-byte thread ref, (3) 16-bit unsigned integer. (*)

One common way to represent threads is using the address of the thread
control block --- on a machine with 64 bit addressing, a 64 bit thread
identifier would be used.  I'd rather use that address than attempt to
map it into a smaller field.

Perhaps GDB could use an abstract thread representation rather than
requiring targets use any particular thread representation.  Perhaps
a variable length 'cookie' -- an 8-bit length field followed by that
many bytes of info.

I seem to remember that NFSv2's 32 byte file handle was changed to a
variable length string in NFSv3.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin