Re: BDM/OCD with Macraigor Raven on MPC8xx from x86

Graham Stoney wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has had any success using gdb from an Linux x86
> machine to debug an MPC8xx target via BDM using a Macraigor Raven OCDemon?

Can not be done.

Macraigor will not release the specification to enable GDB to interface
directly to their OCD Debuggers. The only support is through the
Macraigor supplied DLL, and that only runs under windows. If you can get
the specs for their devices then you can always write the interface from
linux :).

Im building my own interface, specifically for Linux/GDB because of
this. When it's available i'll post to the list.

Regards,
Steven Johnson
Managing Director
Neurizon Pty Ltd