Re: GDB with Hitachi Linker output?

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Gatliff <gatliff@haulpak.com> writes:
Bill> Is anyone using GDB sh-hitachi-hms with executables supplied by
Bill> the Hitachi linker?

I don't think so.

AFAIK, the hitachi object format is sysroff.  There is a sysroff to
COFF converter in binutils (srconv), but nothing to do the reverse.  I
vaguely remember a receiving email from Ian Taylor two or three years
ago that said that support for whatever was missing in BFD that caused
srconv to be a separate program (instead of available through objcopy)
had been added.  That project never became high enough priority to
follow up.

It's possible that the email was referring to nlmconv instead of
srconv, since I worked on both programs in that time frame.  I'm
sorry I can't remember any more details.

	--jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks