This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] gdb: Remove a non-const reference parameter
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Simon Marchi <simark at simark dot ca>
- Cc: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 11:55:47 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gdb: Remove a non-const reference parameter
- References: <20190629145820.GR23204@embecosm.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
>>>>> "Simon" == Simon Marchi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Simon> So I was the one who added this rule to the guide. When I asked for opinions and
Simon> didn't get any, I thought it was because it wasn't very controversial and chose to add it.
Simon> Since then, Pedro mentioned a few times he didn't agree with it.
Simon> I'd like to know what others think, should we keep it (and enforce it) or remove it?
Pedro raised good points on this topic, but in this particular case I
think the code is clearer without modifying the parameter.