This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Rename common to gdbsupport
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 16:10:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Rename common to gdbsupport
- References: <email@example.com>
On 6/14/19 9:19 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
> This is the next patch in the ongoing series to move gdbsever to the
> top level.
> This patch just renames the "common" directory. The idea is to do
> this move in two parts: first rename the directory (this patch), then
> move the directory to the top. This approach makes the patches a bit
> more tractable.
> I chose the name "gdbsupport" for the directory. However, as this
> patch was largely written by sed, we could pick a new name without too
> much difficulty.
Seems fine to me. I never liked the "common" moniker much anyway.
Do you plan to rename the "common-*" files and adjust the COMMON in
include guards? More like OOC, since leaving it as is is fine
with me too. There are also a number of wiki references to common/,
those would be nice to fix.