This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Add Rust support to source highlighting
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 08:12:13 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add Rust support to source highlighting
- References: <email@example.com>
>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Tom> Currently, no release of GNU Source Highlight supports Rust. However,
Tom> I've checked in a patch to do so there, and I plan to make a new
Tom> release sometime this summer.
Tom> This patch prepares gdb for that by adding support for Rust to the
Tom> source highlighting code.
Tom> Because Source Highlight will throw an exception if the language is
Tom> unrecognized, this also changes gdb to ignore exceptions here. This
Tom> will cause gdb to fall back to un-highlighted source text.
Tom> Tested with the current and development versions of Source Highlight.
This patch works ok on Fedora 28, but on Fedora 29 it causes gdb to
I don't think there's anything wrong with the patch, so I guess this is
a Fedora bug somehow. I will see if I can write a test case and file
Meanwhile I think this patch should not go in :-(