This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[RFAv3 0/3] Implement 'set print frame-info|frame-arguments
- From: Philippe Waroquiers <philippe dot waroquiers at skynet dot be>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 18:06:24 +0200
- Subject: [RFAv3 0/3] Implement 'set print frame-info|frame-arguments
When printing big stacktraces having a lot of functions with a lot of
arguments, it can be handy to see a lot less information in the
With the new settings, it is possible to have backtraces such as:
#0 break_me ()
#1 call_me (...)
#2 main ()
that are only showing the level, the function name and the presence of
This is the version V3 of the patch series.
Compared to V2, the changes are:
* Handles the comments of Tom:
* Avoid leak in the py-framefilter.c code.
* Ensure backtrace frame information printed does not depend on
the presence of filters and/or of the -no-filters option.
* Reworked 'set print frame-info' to use the new -OPT option framework.
A.o., it means that backtrace has a new option -frame-info to
override the 'set print frame-info' settings.
* Updated the tests accordingly.
* The documentation and NEWS are also updated accordingly.
Compared to V1, the changes are:
* Handled the comment of Andreas Schwab : do not abbreviate words
in 'set print fram-info' values, and use dash instead of underscore.
* Handled the comment of Tom about updating py-framefilter.c
+ updated py-framefilter.exp to test the new setting with python
* Handled the comments of Eli about the documentation and NEWS.