This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2 0/4] Introduce the "with" command
- From: Philippe Waroquiers <philippe dot waroquiers at skynet dot be>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 02:34:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/4] Introduce the "with" command
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 2019-06-18 at 01:38 +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
> ( See original discussion and prototype here:
> https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2019-05/msg00570.html )
> (gdb) help with
> Temporarily set SETTING to VALUE, run COMMAND, and restore SETTING.
> Usage: with SETTING [VALUE] [-- COMMAND]
> Usage: w SETTING [VALUE] [-- COMMAND]
> With no COMMAND, repeats the last executed command.
> SETTING is any setting settable with the "set" command.
> with language pascal -- print obj
> with print elements unlimited -- print obj
> More details in patch #4.
> New in v2:
I played a little bit with this version, no bug encountered.
2 small nits in the error message for unknown 'with settings':
(gdb) with xxxx yyyy -- echo coucou
Undefined withcommand: "xxxx". Try "help wit".
(this message is produced by lookup_cmd, that is not too
much 'with' aware it seems ...)