This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not emit style escape sequences to log file
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at adacore dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 14:12:50 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not emit style escape sequences to log file
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Sergio" == Sergio Durigan Junior <email@example.com> writes:
>> PR gdb/24502 requests that the "set logging" log file not contain
>> style escape sequences emitted by gdb.
>> This seemed like a reasonable request to me, so this patch implements
>> filtering for the log file.
>> This also updates a comment in ui-style.h that I noticed while writing
>> the patch.
>> Tested on x86-64 Fedora 29.
Sergio> Thanks for the patch.
Sergio> I looked at the code, tried my best to understand what it does
Sergio> (specially how the "skip_ansi_escape" function interacts with the new
Sergio> "no_terminal_escape_file::puts" method), and everything looks good to
Thanks for taking a look.
I'm checking this in now.