This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove alloca(0) calls
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at adacore dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 09:26:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove alloca(0) calls
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:01:31 -0600
Tom Tromey <email@example.com> wrote:
> PR gdb/24653 points out that a gcc snapshot will complain about the
> calls to alloca(0) in gdb.
> These calls are only needed when using the C alloca. I'm inclined to
> think that no current platform needs this, so this patch removes the
> Let me know what you think.
I think that your patch should go in.
I too think that all modern platforms will have proper
(compiler-assisted) alloca support and won't need to resort to use of
the heap for implementation of alloca().