This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: The concept of 'one single line' help gives strange effects ...
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Philippe Waroquiers <philippe dot waroquiers at skynet dot be>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 15:27:32 -0600
- Subject: Re: The concept of 'one single line' help gives strange effects ...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Philippe> Wondering if/how to make all this more consistent.
Philippe> Maybe print_doc_line should continue till a . character ?
Philippe> (i.e. not stop anymore at a ,) ?
I think this would be fine, provided the output changes are audited to
make sure they make sense.
Or, rewording the ones that don't currently make sense would also be
I tend to think the whole first line could be printed. I wouldn't mind
a style where the first line is a summary, followed by the usage,
followed by lengthier text. Eventually I may want to add a "usage"
command to extract just this info.