This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] gdb/riscv: Don't error when decoding a 6 or 8 byte instruction
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Jim Wilson <jimw at sifive dot com>, Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at sifive dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 10:12:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gdb/riscv: Don't error when decoding a 6 or 8 byte instruction
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 6/4/19 12:50 PM, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> + prologue scanner will try to decode it. These long
> + instructions are ISA extensions, I use .byte rather than an
> + actual instruction mnemonic so that the test can be compiled
Tiny nit, but please avoid "I" in comments. Either just don't use a
Since these long instructions are ISA extensions, use .byte
or use "we" instead.