This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2 06/24] Fix "set enum-command value garbage"
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 22:52:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 06/24] Fix "set enum-command value garbage"
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 6/3/19 7:51 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
>>>>>> "Pedro" == Pedro Alves <email@example.com> writes:
> Pedro> (gdb) set print entry-values compact foo
> Pedro> Garbage after item "compact": "foo"
> In the crucial junk-vs-garbage wording war, junk is winning 9 to 2, so
> perhaps its dominance should be continued.
> I'm not totally sold on either of these phrasings but at the same time I
> don't recall anybody ever complaining about them.
Ahaha, yeah.. Just following the trend here. I've changed them to
say "junk", and adjusted the testcase as well.