This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC 1/2] Remove linux-waitpid.c debugging code
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Simon Marchi <simark at simark dot ca>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 10:32:22 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFC 1/2] Remove linux-waitpid.c debugging code
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
>>>>> "Simon" == Simon Marchi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> My first thought was that this code is not extremely useful, so this
>> patch removes this code. (However, if it is actually useful to
>> someone, we could make it work by introducing a new abstraction.)
Simon> Pedro probably has a stronger opinion about this (as he is probably the one who
Simon> has spent the most time staring at those logs), but I would think that this
Simon> logging is useful when debugging interactions with the kernel.
I should have mentioned that the reason I figured it wasn't that useful
is that it's not available in gdb proper, only gdbserver.