This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC 2/2] Move gdb's xmalloc and friends to new file
- From: Simon Marchi <simark at simark dot ca>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 11:03:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC 2/2] Move gdb's xmalloc and friends to new file
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 2019-05-30 5:30 p.m., Tom Tromey wrote:
> When "common" becomes a library, linking will cause a symbol clash,
> because "xmalloc" and some related symbols are defined in that
> library, libiberty, and readline.
> To work around this problem, this patch moves the clashing symbols to
> a new file, which is then compiled separately for both gdb and
Hmm how does this work currently? We have an xmalloc symbols both in
common/common-utils.o and ../libiberty/libiberty.a, why doesn't it clash?