This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Make macOS build warning-free
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 08:58:26 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Make macOS build warning-free
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Simon" == Simon Marchi <email@example.com> writes:
Simon> About the gettext / non-literal warning, this is the patch I carry. I tried
Simon> to dig up why gettext doesn't define _INTL_MAY_RETURN_STRING_ARG for __APPLE_CC__
Simon> but couldn't find it. My guess is that in a distant past, the Apple compiler
Simon> did not know about that attribute. You need another change to get rid of the warning
I looked into this a little more. It seems like a huge effort, because,
first, upstream doesn't have this fix; and second, it seems like it
would have to be imported into gcc first.
Fixing this upstream would probably require the same thing for other
functions, not just gettext.
I think in the meantime I'll just --disable-nls. Perhaps you wouldn't
mind approving the symfile.c change in isolation.