This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/9 v2] Unit test to gdbarch methods register_to_value and value_to_register
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 22:19:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/9 v2] Unit test to gdbarch methods register_to_value and value_to_register
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Alan recently has some patches removing/replacing MAX_REGISTER_SIZE, and
> they touch some target dependent code that we can't test, which makes
> me a little nervous. This patch set adds a unit test to gdbarch methods
> register_to_value and value_to_register (in patch #9).
> Patches #3 - #6 are to restrict $ARCH_convert_register_p for some cases
> only exists in the unit test. Patch #7 fixes a bug found by the unit
> test. Patch #8 is a code refactor, to pave the way for patch #9.
> Patch #1 and #2 are not changed since V1.
> It is the V2 of this patch set, V1 can be found
> There are some changes compared with V1,
> - Add some asserts,
> - Sub-class regcache and override some methods for unit test,
> Regression tested on x86_64-linux and ppc64-linux.
I pushed them in.