This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: [PATCH v2 00/11] btrace: Turn linked list of function call segments into vector
- From: "Wiederhake, Tim" <tim dot wiederhake at intel dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, "Metzger, Markus T" <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 10:23:22 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH v2 00/11] btrace: Turn linked list of function call segments into vector
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Dlp-product: dlpe-windows
- Dlp-reaction: no-action
- Dlp-version: 10.0.102.7
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The one place I remembered from the top of my head (new_thread in thread.c) was C++ified in the meantime. I believe there was some place in remote.c as well, but I can't find any evidence at the moment.
I tried adding a non-trivial constructor to struct btrace_thread_info to see if any of the non-pod-poisoning-patches kicked in -- which did not happen.
So all in all, thanks for noticing me, I'll rewrite this series to use std::vector.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Yao Qi [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Monday, May 8, 2017 11:03 AM
> To: Wiederhake, Tim <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cc: email@example.com; Metzger, Markus T
> Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/11] btrace: Turn linked list of function call
> segments into vector
> Tim Wiederhake <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > In some
> > instances, struct btrace_thread_info is initialized by memset'ing it to
> > so we can't use std::vector (yet).
> What are these instances? I can't find them.
> Yao (齐尧)
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Nicole Lau
Registered Office: Munich
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928