This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Only use 32-bit thumb-2 breakpoint instruction if necessary
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 09:04:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Only use 32-bit thumb-2 breakpoint instruction if necessary
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Antoine Tremblay <email@example.com> writes:
> Yes at first I though what's the harm in allowing different breakpoint
> kinds on an address ?
There is nothing harmful, IMO. It is a matter of complexity.
> But looking at the code that introduced the check there seems to be complex
> reasons for that.
>>I would like to change GDBserver code, and fix the regressions caused
>> by the change.
> I'm not sure what you mean ? You want to take over this issue ? (not a
> problem with me)
No, I have no plan to take this issue over. I mean, if I were you, I'd
start from change GDBserver code, fix the regressions, etc.
> I think we may forget this change for 8.0 however... ?
I feel it is difficult to catch 8.0 release, as there are still some open
problems that we don't have ideas yet.