This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB 8.0 release/branching update (10 more days to branching)
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, Tim Wiederhake <tim dot wiederhake at intel dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Nitish Kumar Mishra <mishra dot nitish dot 88 at gmail dot com>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 19:26:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: GDB 8.0 release/branching update (10 more days to branching)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH=s-PNyE=b8B6c527hKg+0fU7FPAMLB=R2w1dFGDtujftxMtA@mail.gmail.com>
> Two issues in my mind,
Thanks for the heads up!
> I raised some questions on new record Python bindings,
> There is not test fail or regression, but it is about python api,
> which can't be changed after they are released. I want to make
> them more general, they are too btrace specific so far. This should
> be done by release, IMO.
> Current GDB mainline failed to build with old python, and Tim
> posted a patch https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2017-02/msg00712.html
> I requested Tim to add test case.
I've added those items to the list of "maybe" blocking before
branching. The first one in particular is worth having before,
I think, because we don't want to have people try a pre-release
with a different API, even if that would probably a marginal
portion of people.
The second one is mostly to avoid getting reports of this not working
when we already know. I could mention this as a known issue, but
it looks like we're not far from a resolution, so, might as well
> I'll go to Linaro Connect next week. I still check emails, but should
> be less active. I'll take some days off afterwards and back to work
> on March 16th. Then, I'll seriously start pre-release tests for ARM
> and AArch64, and fix bugs if any.
It sounds to me like it would be worth waiting for that testing to be
done before we branch. Say - we could re-evaluate the situation on