This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: MemoryView missing from Python 2.4 and 2.6
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: "Jose E. Marchesi" <jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "Wiederhake, Tim" <tim dot wiederhake at intel dot com>, Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 19:21:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: MemoryView missing from Python 2.4 and 2.6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20170223225946.snir4ab6twc7vo7n@localhost> <9676A094AF46E14E8265E7A3F4CCE9AF9417D1@irsmsx105.ger.corp.intel.com> <email@example.com> <9676A094AF46E14E8265E7A3F4CCE9AF941DE1@irsmsx105.ger.corp.intel.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Jose, can you confirm that this patch un-breaks GDB linked with
> Python 2.6?
> Yep. This fixes the build with Python 2.6.6.
It looks like the patch is also removing the feature from users
of Python 2.7.x, though, is it not? Given that this is a new feature,
this wouldn't be the end of the world, especially since we're so
close to branching, so we wouldn't want that to be a reason to
delay the fix too much longer. However, I think our configure
script defines HAVE_LIBPYTHON2_7, so perhaps we could either
use that, or explicitly exclude HAVE_LIBPYTHON2_6, HAVE_LIBPYTHON2_5
and HAVE_LIBPYTHON2_4 instead of only including it for Python 3.x?