This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Add support for the sizeof function in Rust
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Manish Goregaokar <manish at mozilla dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 21:08:04 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add support for the sizeof function in Rust
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFOnWkmRT7gsSphJt60fnOgNj2B8A=muQLg9aotgJf-Dkj+tWg@mail.gmail.com>
>>>>> "Manish" == Manish Goregaokar <email@example.com> writes:
Manish> `sizeof` is a keyword so Rust functions by
Manish> that name cannot exist.
Thanks, that answers my major concern.
Manish> The expression could be `sizeof foo` instead of `sizeof(foo)`. I feel
Manish> the latter is better because it's closer to how `mem::size_of` works.
This patch is ok. Thanks.