This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR breakpoints/20739: Badly formatted adress string in error message
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>
- To: "Cordian A. Daniluk" <th3c0r1uk at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 15:57:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR breakpoints/20739: Badly formatted adress string in error message
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2016-10-29 14:39, Cordian A. Daniluk wrote:
Remove duplicate `0x'-prefix for the hex address printed. `paddress'
already prepends this, so no need to do it manually.
* breakpoint.c (check_fast_tracepoint_sals): fix PR
gdb/breakpoint.c | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/gdb/breakpoint.c b/gdb/breakpoint.c
index 25849da..0adebae 100644
@@ -9628,7 +9628,7 @@ check_fast_tracepoint_sals (struct gdbarch
old_chain = make_cleanup (xfree, msg);
- error (_("May not have a fast tracepoint at 0x%s%s"),
+ error (_("May not have a fast tracepoint at %s%s"),
paddress (sarch, sal->pc), (msg ? msg : ""));
That seems like an obvious fix to me, thanks for addressing it.
For the ChangeLog entry, you should follow the standard format as
described in the following link:
That means to put the PR mention above the list of files. The
description should tell more or less precisely _what_ has changed (and
not _why_ it was changed, that belongs to the commit message, which is
already clear in your case).
* breakpoint.c (check_fast_tracepoint_sals): Don't print duplicate 0x
I don't see your name in MAINTAINERS, do you have write access to the
repo? If you plan to contribute patches regularly, it would be a good
idea for you to go through the process to get it (you'll need assistance
from one of the global maintainers). Otherwise, somebody else with
write access can push it for you.