This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Make gdb.base/foll-exec.exp test pattern more general
- From: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 08:47:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make gdb.base/foll-exec.exp test pattern more general
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH=s-PP=xbUsWeQS=kq8ivrT-8z-gv-ynmW5uEPurH46spemail@example.com>
- Reply-to: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
On 10/28/2016 04:29 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Luis Machado <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Testing a nios toolchain running gdbserver on the other end i noticed a
failure in gdb.base/foll-exec.exp. Turns out gdb is outputting a slightly
different pattern due to the presence of debug information.
foll-exec is about to execlp(execd-prog)...^M
process 21222 is executing new program: gdb.d/outputs/gdb.base/foll-exec/execd-prog^M
Catchpoint 2 (exec'd gdb.d/outputs/gdb.base/foll-exec/execd-prog), _start () at ../sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/dl-start.S:32^M
Is it a nios toolchain or ppc toolchain? Patch is good to me.
Sorry, it is obviously powerpc, as the source file above says. :-)
I was dealing with a nios problem before and ended up confusing both.
Pushed this as b129b0cacd4c8e982605b7c8d99e96c74155882a.