This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 00/13] Split brekapoint_from_pc to breakpoint_kind_from_pc and sw_breakpoint_from_kind
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 16:41:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/13] Split brekapoint_from_pc to breakpoint_kind_from_pc and sw_breakpoint_from_kind
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH=s-PO0R2UWAro8_iXpove8Byv5eGy3wE9WM=iR1HgO+ePr_g@mail.gmail.com> <CAH=s-PPhj4h_qjRWx71Th52TbLoh7vKUS4oNmdXFLfTaLZ6YPA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
Thanks for the review,
On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Pedro Alves <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> My only question is what happens to the GDBARCH_BREAKPOINT_MANIPULATION
> / SET_GDBARCH_BREAKPOINT_MANIPULATION macros? I was hoping they'd
> disappear in the end, but looks like not? (I find the "manipulation"
> name to be very opaque here, btw.)
Both are the intermediate structure during the the process of conversion.
I didn't remove them as I think they two can "simplify" the code, because
a lot of gdbarch have one breakpoint instruction. Their
breakpoint_kind_from_pc and sw_breakpoint_from_kind look quite similar.