This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] New function value_has_address
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 07:29:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] New function value_has_address
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
That help clarifies the code, I like it.
diff --git a/gdb/value.c b/gdb/value.c
index b825aec..4b5cbde 100644
@@ -1538,12 +1538,20 @@ value_lval_const (const struct value *value)
+/* Return true if VALUE has address, otherwise return false. */
This comment is really obvious, it's really just stating the function
name. Could you expand it a bit, perhaps saying what it means for a
value to "have address"? I suppose it means that it has a memory
address on the target?