This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA 2/2] Make some dwarf_expr_context methods pure virtual
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: palves at redhat dot com (Pedro Alves)
- Cc: tom at tromey dot com (Tom Tromey), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 15:29:13 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [RFA 2/2] Make some dwarf_expr_context methods pure virtual
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Pedro Alves wrote:
> >>>>>> "Ulrich" == Ulrich Weigand <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > Ulrich> This seems to have broken my SPU daily build (running on RHEL 5 with a
> > Ulrich> GCC 4.1 system compiler):
> Any chance you could install the newer GCC from DTS on that machine?
I don't think there even is a DTS for RHEL 5 on Power, or has that changed?
> Otherwise, if/when we go C++11, that builder will stop working.
Well, once GDB officially no longer supports building with GCC 4.1, I'll
have to come up with another solution; I'll probably just build my own
compiler then. However, as long as GCC 4.1 *is* supported, I think it
is a good to actually still have a system testing that.
(In any case, I'm not sure how long it makes sense to keep the Cell SPU
daily build up and running, given that RHEL 5 is about to go out of
service anyway and more recent distros no longer support Cell ...)
> In file included from .../src/gdb/dwarf2expr.c:28:0:
> .../src/gdb/dwarf2expr.h:68:8: warning: ?struct dwarf_expr_context? has virtual functions and accessible non-virtual destructor [-Wnon-virtual-dtor]
> struct dwarf_expr_context
> I'll add the "virtual" in a bit.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain