This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB AIX build broken
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 23:46:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: GDB AIX build broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvnyk1xaKTo7gMXPLjfg2QGYQteyp7qbXZ6C2_FdRpA09L1Q@mail.gmail.com>
[fixed Tom's address]
On 10/24/2016 11:40 PM, David Edelsohn wrote:
> GDB build on AIX is broken due to a recent commit.
Which commit? Maybe the gnulib update? Is this a clean
build from scratch?
> /home/dje/src/binutils-gdb/gdb/common/buffer.c: In function 'void
> buffer_xml_printf(buffer*, const char*, ...)':
> /home/dje/src/binutils-gdb/gdb/common/buffer.c:133:27: error: expected
> ')' before 'PRId64'
> sprintf (str, "%" PRId64,
> Errors with PRIxxx macros normally mean a problem with header file
> inclusion. for example, gdb/btrace.c, which also uses PRIxxx macros,
> builds without error.
Sounds like what you'd get if PRId64 is not defined in that
compilation unit, somehow.