This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: aarch64 regression: gdb.cp/nextoverthrow.exp [Re: [PATCH master+7.12] [AArch64] Match instruction "STP with base register" in prologue]
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 12:25:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: aarch64 regression: gdb.cp/nextoverthrow.exp [Re: [PATCH master+7.12] [AArch64] Match instruction "STP with base register" in prologue]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20161010204111.GA25562@host1.jankratochvil.net>
On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 9:41 PM, Jan Kratochvil
> tbreak _Unwind_RaiseException^M
> aarch64-tdep.c:335: internal-error: CORE_ADDR aarch64_analyze_prologue(gdbarch*, CORE_ADDR, CORE_ADDR, aarch64_prologue_cache*): Assertion `inst.operands.type == AARCH64_OPND_Rt' failed.^M
> A problem internal to GDB has been detected,^M
> further debugging may prove unreliable.^M
> Quit this debugging session? (y or n) FAIL: gdb.cp/nextoverthrow.exp: tbreak _Unwind_RaiseException (GDB internal error)
> RHEL-7.3-20161007.n.0 Server aarch64
> Please contact me (possibly also offlist) if you have it unreproducible.
This internal error is caused by instruction "stp with FP registers" in
the prologue. The instruction triggers this assert is like
"stp d8, d9, [sp, #imm]". However, aarch64 gdb doesn't track FP registers
at all in prologue analysis.
Could you open a ticket in bugzilla for this error? I am testing a patch.