This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch+7.12.1 2/2] Fix TLS (such as 'errno') regression
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 08:50:38 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch+7.12.1 2/2] Fix TLS (such as 'errno') regression
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161009185647.GB13645@host1.jankratochvil.net>
>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Jan> For the testcase it is important the variable is in objfile with non-zero base
My only question about this patch is why the symbol's section has a
non-zero section offset. Is that the reason why?
Maybe it would make sense to make a SEC_THREAD_LOCAL section always have
a zero offset. Then touching all the users wouldn't be necessary.
On the third hand it seems strange to even try to get the "address" of a
TLS symbol in this way.