This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA 22/22] Convert dwarf_expr_context_funcs to methods
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 20:11:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA 22/22] Convert dwarf_expr_context_funcs to methods
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 09/27/2016 05:08 AM, Tom Tromey wrote:
> This patch converts the function pointers in dwarf_expr_context_funcs
> into methods on dwarf_expr_context, and then updates the various
> implementations and callers to follow.
> NB this patch uses "override" (which caught a couple of renaming bugs
> during development) -- but this is C++11, so this patch at least has
> to wait for Pedro's patch that adds the OVERRIDE macro.
We can pull that bit in now, or remove the "override". No need to hold
this patch back.
LGTM. I wondered if defining member functions outside the
class definition wouldn't have resulted in a bit less churn
in dwarf2loc.c. gcc's coding conventions require doing that,
but I won't be pedantic about it.